Wakefield Drift Day from my point of view

8 replies to this topic

#1 FreeRun

FreeRun
  • 116 posts
  • Drift Car: Nissan
  • Engine: 2.0L

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

So I had a go at making a long video diary/blog thing, if you have 15 minutes to kill feel free to check it out. Comments and feedback would be appreciated!

https://www.youtube....h?v=J4-t5qPK-UM

#2 (Locky)

(Locky)
  • 1,406 posts
  • Drift Car: s14 Kouki
  • Engine: SR20

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:30 PM

nicki yaro

#3 (Locky)

(Locky)
  • 1,406 posts
  • Drift Car: s14 Kouki
  • Engine: SR20

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

But yeah not tooo bad for first 'vlog' drift day vid as different feel to cut to bake before spin insert dubstep that is easy cliche to fall into., But if going for that feel either do more speaking or shorten vid. Like when you went to two cam view either do a post voice over or cut a chunk out, as even though runs were solid wasnt attention grabbing with raw footage for like 5+ min. Aslo fuck up runs not bad, but 3 or so in a row at start made it slow to kick in and grab attention

so Canberra touge next week vid ?

#4 FreeRun

FreeRun
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

I thought I better leave the fuck up runs in to portray a more accurate picture of my driving haha. I've got a few microphones too now so I should be able to get more talking while driving even if the cameras are on the outside. Probably going to aim for 10 minutes max if I do another Wakefield one. 

The next video will be driving at the figure 8 comp but if you want to come down to Canberra I'll film you ;) 

#5 NickRB20

NickRB20
  • 217 posts
  • Drift Car: 32 4 door
  • Engine: RB20

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

I don't dig helmet cam vids but that's probably just me. Apart from that it was awesome, a breath of fresh air compared to most other clips. Also love the basically stock 32 driving, so agressive!

#6 BenRice

BenRice
  • 1,256 posts
  • Drift Car: S13
  • Engine: 300hp Evinrude

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:18 AM

Yeah i didn't mind it. Throw the head-cam on when packing the car (everyone has a different way of fitting everything), or maybe try a time lapse, and try other angles at the track.

I've wanted to play with some shots in the bumper like Mark did here, everytime i watched it my chin feels like it's about to be grated lol: https://www.youtube....h?v=L3tBH_obJkQ

Edited by BenRice, 18 May 2017 - 06:51 AM.

#7 FreeRun

FreeRun
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Yeah i didn't mind it. Throw the head-cam on when packing the car (everyone has a different way of fitting everything), or maybe try a time lapse, and try other angles at the track.

I've wanted to play with some shots in the bumper like Mark did here, everytime i watched it my chin feels like it's about to be grated lol: https://www.youtube....h?v=L3tBH_obJkQ

That's a cool angle, I'll give it a shot when I'm doing tandems next

I want to try some time lapse stuff but it might be beyond my technical ability to figure out lol

I don't dig helmet cam vids but that's probably just me. Apart from that it was awesome, a breath of fresh air compared to most other clips. Also love the basically stock 32 driving, so agressive!

Thanks! It's basic but it is actually pretty well setup, except for the cooling system that is

#8 Kyal

Kyal
  • SD Member
  • 8,753 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

imo you could loose the whole unpacking the car changing tyres at the start, most guys who watch drifting vids know whats what in that reguard. i enjoyed the foot cam was a nice touch.

#9 FreeRun

FreeRun
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, car packing/unpacking wont be in the next one :)

Reply to this topic